Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Our First Mixed Media Kit

Our very first Mixed Media Kit is now available in store. HERE

My Hubby made a video of all the goodies you get in the kit.



 Our first Guest Designer was the lovely Marelle Jackman, she has created 3 beautiful projects using the kit which are below. I hope you like them as much as I do.











For this canvas I started by placing the book paper, one layer of the spotty paper serviette onto the gessoed canvas, and mod podged over the pieces because I wanted some of the text to show through.

I then used some watered down gesso over the top after the mod podge had dried.
I used the Gelatos (from Artified) and sprayed them with water to create an uneven blending effect.
I used Claudine Hellmuth Studio paint in Classic Teal from Artified on the canvas and blended it with a little spray of water to add depth of colour.

I then randomly stamped the Finnabair doiley stamp from Artified over the canvas.  

I hand drew a large heart onto the book paper and cut it out, and glued it onto the middle of the canvas and when dry, painted around the heart with Derivan black paint.

I then glued some wooden hearts and stars onto the book paper heart, and placed a Trinket Number 1 from Artified in the middle of the heart.

Next I applied Claudine Helmuth Studio paint from Artified in "Dash of Red" over the top of the wooden embellishments with a fine paintbrush also available from Artified.
When the paint was dry, I covered the area inside the heart with Dusty Attic Clear Gloss Varnish and allowed this to dry overnight.  

I decided to place my quote around the heart.  I used Authentique alphas - 
"Beauty is not in the face Beauty is a light the heart"

I have enjoyed creating this canvas as a Guest Designer for Artified, and I thank Melissa for the opportunity.


----------------------------------------------------------









This time I thought I would work with a small canvas - I love the effect I got by using texture paste with an old paintbrush and stippled the texture paste so the effect was rough and textural.  I added some Gelatos in Metallic Melon and blended this with my finger. I then sprayed Dylusions Pure Sunshine and Funky Fuschia over the top and sides of the canvas.  When this was dry I used the new Amy Tangerine fine washi tape which is available at Artified to boarder my canvas.
For my quote I used script Authentique alphas which I feel worked well.


------------------------------------------------------





For this small canvas I thought I would show you how to make the Gelatos appear soft on the canvas.

On my paint palette I "drew" some of both of the colours of gelatos : Metallic Blueberry and Metallic Melon and then added some texture paste to form a soft coloured texture paste.  I applied this to the canvas and let that dry.  I used some pink skeleton leaves from my stash and glued these to the canvas.  I then used the trinkets from Artified and attached them to the left hand edge of the canvas.  I dabbed some gesso that had been watered down over the trinkets and then rubbed some more off with a baby wipe.  

Then I glued the three words embrace imperfection and trust over the top of the leaves.

I outlined the leaves and the words and a couple of the trinkets with Black Pilot Permaball pen.

Then I used some of the fabulous new Amy Tangerine narrow washi, available from Artified to border the front of the canvas and then again on the sides of the canvas.

I hope you enjoy my projects - I thoroughly enjoyed creating them for Artified.


No comments:

Post a Comment